NexTV Africa & Middle East

Complete News World

Despite the cease-fire – explosions in Khartoum

Despite the cease-fire – explosions in Khartoum

This is what the spokesman for the Secretary-General of the United Nations, António Guterres, Stéphane Dujarric, said.

According to reports by Arabic-language media outlets such as Al Arabiya and Al Jazeera, the regular army and the RSF agreed to a 24-hour ceasefire earlier on Tuesday.

BBC I previously reported that the ceasefire would begin on Tuesday at 6pm Swedish time – but despite this, explosions continued to rock the African nation’s capital.

The fighting did not stop, in particular, around the army headquarters, which is located in the city center and surrounded by residences, according to the BBC.

About 200 people have been killed and more than 1,800 injured in the continuous fighting that broke out on Saturday.

The Red Cross, the World Health Organization and the World Health Organization have emphasized the need for humanitarian corridors.

“We have thousands of volunteers who are willing to perform humanitarian services but cannot move,” said Fred Eyore, a representative of the Red Cross.

Earlier, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken also called on the generals on both sides of the conflict to agree on a quick cease-fire.

In a statement, Blinken said, according to the US State Department, that it will enable the delivery of humanitarian aid to those affected, reunite families, and secure an international presence in the capital, Khartoum.

See also  Fake rain with no effect: smog remains