Another month has passed and the next correction day is around the corner. The August security update KB 5005033 is now being distributed by Microsoft for Windows 10 21H2 (19044.1165), 21H1 (19043.1165), 20H2 (19042.1165), and 2004 (19041.1165).
The update also includes changes from the non-security update KB5004296 from 07/29/21 if this update has not yet been installed. Today, as always on the second Tuesday of the month, the vulnerabilities will be closed.
Known issues for KB5005033
- If you use the Microsoft Input Method Editor (IME) for Japanese to enter Kanji characters into an app that automatically allows you to enter furigana characters, you may not get the correct furigana characters. You may have to enter the furigana characters manually. Microsoft is working on it
Issues fixed by KB5005033
- Changes the default permission requirements for installing drivers when using Point and Print. After installing this update, you must have administrative rights to install drivers. If you are using Point and Print, see for more information KB5005652And change the default behavior of Point and Print and CVE-2021-34481.
- All the fixed vulnerabilities are listed here individually: msrc.microsoft.com/ (set date)
Manual download for ssu-19041.1161 (KB5005260)
Manual Download for KB5005033
Windows 10 tutorials and help
You will find a lot of useful tips and tricks in the Windows 10 Wiki. If you have any questions, just ask us at forum.
- formulations The current installation files can always be found here in the sidebar on the right. Windows 10 21H2 ISO (19044) or Windows 10 21H1 (19043) ISO
- Installation: Install Windows 10 Clean, Reinstall Win 10 2004/20H2/21H1
- Current problems with: Windows 10 2004 / 20H2 / 21H1
- fixes: Internal upgrade repair, Win 10 repair via DISM, sfc etc, Windows update repair, start menu repair, apps repair, repair store, network repair
- registration: win 10 automatic login
- remove, uninstall: Uninstall apps
- File Explorer: Remove the folder under This PC, Network, OneDrive, etc in Explorer
- Correct use: Use the start menu correctly, use the search correctly,
- Important: Each tutorial shows the appropriate version for it.
“Reader. Organizer. Infuriatingly humble twitter expert. Certified communicator.”