Only the Polish champions have a chance to advance to the group stage of the Champions League. This year Leg Poznan started the qualifiers well, winning 1-0 at home against Karabakh Akhtam. He started the rematch even better as he took the lead with a goal 20 seconds later. It was only later that everything started to fall apart, as coach Jan van den Brom said.
– We return to Poland with nothing. A 1:5 defeat shouldn’t have happened at this stage, but you don’t forgive mistakes at this stage. “We did a lot of them and the competitor used them,” the coach said at the post-match conference. Lech conceded the first goal in the 14th minute and another three minutes before the break. In the second half, Karabak Akhtam was the only one on the pitch who scored three more goals for Lech. In the end, the match ended with the defeat of Poznan with a score of 1: 5.
Lech Poznań earns more than PLN 1.3 million
However, losing doesn’t mean there’s no bonus. For the first qualifying round, Lech Poznań will receive 280,000 euros. At the current exchange rate, this is PLN 1.34 million. It’s not the end of the extra money, because the team Joanna van den Brohm The struggle for a league of European conferences is still on.
For more sports content, visit Main page of Gazeta.pl
Lech Poznań will start the competition from the second qualifying round. In it they will face the winner of the tournament Sloven Bratislava (Slovakia) – Dinamo Batumi (Georgia). He will meet his opponent on Wednesday. For the game at this stage of the game, he is guaranteed 350,000. Euro (PLN 1.68 million). If he goes to the third round, this amount will increase to 550,000. Euro (PLN 2.64 million). The promotion for the LKE group stage is EUR 2.94 million, i.e. over PLN 14 million. The full financial ladder of the League of European Conferences is as follows:
- Win a group stage match – 500,000 Euro,
- Draw in the group stage – 166 thousand euros,
- Promotion from the first place in the group – 650 thousand. euro,
- Promotion from 2nd place in the group – 325 thousand. euro,
- LKE Finals 1/16 – 300,000 Euro,
- 1/8 LKE Finals – 600,000 Euro,
- LKE quarter-final – EUR 1 million,
- LKE Semi-Final – EUR 2 million,
- LKE Finalist – EUR 3 million,
- LKE Winner – EUR 5 million.
It is worth noting that three other Polish clubs are also fighting in the league of European conferences. They are Rakow Czestochowa (starting from the 2nd round), Lechia Gdańsk (1st round, rematch with Pontevedra Academy on Wednesday) and Pogon Szczecin (1st round, rematch with Reykjavik on Wednesday). Live reports of Polish clubs’ matches are available in the Sport.pl and Sport.pl LIVE applications.
“Communicator. Problem solver. Gamer. Passionate writer. Analyst. Avid creator. Lifelong travel maven. Tv evangelist.”