Finland’s President Sauli Niinistö har Pratat med Vladimir Putin.
Niinistö sees a negative development.
– He is very frustrated with the Western world, says Sauli Niinistö in SVT Agenda.
Finland will apply to become a member of the Defense Alliance NATO.
Sweden is following suit. On Sunday, Prime Minister Magdalena Anderson (S) gave the go-ahead to NATO’s request.
Finland’s president Sully Niinistö He says Finland was in no hurry but that NATO membership was discussed a few months ago.
Niinistö says on the SVT Agenda that he has spoken with Russian President Vladimir Putin on various occasions over several years and that his image of him has changed.
– I’ve seen a negative development. He is very frustrated with the Western world. He believes that Russia was somehow betrayed in the 1990s. When it comes to Ukraine, there is great frustration, says Niinistö on the agenda and continues:
– It has developed into pure anger and hatred.
harsh words for Putin
Niinistö syftar på Siten i Ukraine.
– That’s what he decided now to solve somehow … in a very cruel way.
Niinisto does not back down when he recounts what was said during talks with Putin.
– You just said: “But now you are bombing children, women and people in Kyiv, Kharkiv and Mariupol who have nothing to do with Donbass,” says Niinistö.
Niinisto did not receive an answer.
You can always change the topic of conversation, says Niinistö.
“Falls down a lot. Internet fanatic. Proud analyst. Creator. Wannabe music lover. Introvert. Tv aficionado.”