According to the Sudanese army and the Rapid Support Forces, the ceasefire is set to be extended for 72 hours, starting Sunday evening. But similar to previously unsuccessful ceasefires to varying degrees, the silence was immediately broken by a new barrage of gunfire.
The previous truce lasted until midnight local time, the 23rd Swedish time, but it also did not have full effect despite, among other things, international pressure.
“Fierce fighting is taking place with heavy gunfire,” a resident of the southern part of Khartoum told AFP.
both parties, Led by Abdel Fattah al-Burhan al-Askari and the Rapid Support Forces, Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo, they have not yet sat down at a formal negotiating table to find a solution to the conflict. So far, the fighting has claimed more than 500 lives, according to official figures.
But the fronts became more complicated when a new force called the Central Police Reserve appeared in parts of the capital. According to the army’s information, the paramilitary police group will defend civilian property. On Sunday, it said it had arrested 316 “rebels,” referring to Reporters Without Borders.
In turn, Reporters Without Borders warned the army against luring the police forces into battle.
one of them The little positive news from Sudan on Sunday was that the first Red Cross humanitarian aid flight had landed.
Eight tons of emergency relief items in the aid shipment, including surgical equipment intended for hospitals and volunteers. A relief plane has landed in Port Sudan.