The year before last, the 64-year-old had sought care in the Australian capital. The symptoms were judged to be signs of something serious, resembling a tumor in her head, and a year later she was placed on the operating table.
The medical team was baffled by what they saw on their screens.
responsible surgeon Hari Priya Pandey He started playing.
Suddenly I picked up something flying with the tweezers. Senanayake says everyone in the operating room was in complete shock.
– and continued to spit alive. We all felt a little sick.
The parasite’s eggs end up in the snakes’ feces. The experts concluded that the woman took it after picking vegetables in natural areas where such snakes are found.
“This case underscores the continuing risk of zoonotic disease (infection from animals to humans) when people and animals interact,” reads the research article, which does not rule out the possibility that there are more similar examples around the world:
“Ophidascaris robertsi is only found in Australia. But other Ophidacaris species infect snakes in many places, which means that new human cases may appear globally.”
“Falls down a lot. Internet fanatic. Proud analyst. Creator. Wannabe music lover. Introvert. Tv aficionado.”