Olewej: Michael Schulz – Regional Logistics Manager Eastern Europe – H&M Group, Lidia Ratajczak-Kluck – Chairman of Arvato SCS Poland, Photo: mat. press releases
Arvato Supply Chain Solutions has begun expanding its distribution center in Stryków with an area of 15,000 square metres. square meters to meet the needs of the H&M Group.
- By April 2022, the warehouse operating in Stryków will increase to 55,000 square meters (currently 40,000 square metres), which will increase the freight capacity of the logistics hub by about 30 percent.
- Currently, in Stryków, Arvato Supply Chain Solutions provides services for the H&M group to e-commerce clients from Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria and Slovakia.
Both companies have been cooperating in Poland since 2018, and are now expanding the partnership for the coming years. The expansion of cooperation is due to the need to increase the capabilities of logistics operations in the Eastern European region.
– We are glad to continue and expand our fruitful cooperation with H&M Group – she said Lydia Ratajzak Klok, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Arvato Supply Chain Solutions in Poland – The main factor for the client is the high level of quality of our consumer-focused services.
The contract extension is also related to the expansion of the distribution center in Stryków, which – according to the schedule – should be completed within six months. And then the total area of the logistics center, including the mezzanine, will reach 75,000 square meters. After that, an elevated warehouse will be completed and the transportation system will extend over 3.5 km in total. Conveyor belts are part of the infrastructure needed to ensure automated operations in e-commerce logistics, which also includes special sorting systems, self-propelled industrial trucks, dynamic warehouse replenishment capability and the state-of-the-art ERP SAP S4/HANA system.
Besides expanding its logistics center in Stryków, Arvato Supply Chain Solutions is also creating new jobs.
– When we reach full operational capacity, we plan to increase employment to 450 employees, and in the peak season will be servicing approximately 1350 people – according to Lidia Ratajczak-Kluck estimates.
– Speed and flexibility of the supply chain are very important, and this project will make our offer more attractive to customers – he says Michael SchulzH&M Group’s Eastern Europe Regional Logistics Manager – With a partner such as Arvato Supply Chain Solutions, we are well equipped to meet the expectations of our ever-growing customer base from Eastern Europe, as well as into the future. “
“Reader. Organizer. Infuriatingly humble twitter expert. Certified communicator.”