- There are many solutions if the heart rate measurement on your smartwatch or fitness tracker is not working.
- You should make sure that the clock software is up to date and all apps are up to date, in addition to the standard troubleshooting steps.
- If all steps do not help you, you should reset the watch to factory settings or send it in for repair under warranty.
In addition to counting steps and displaying cell phone notifications, smartwatches and modern fitness trackers are especially popular for measuring heart rate. But what do you do if your heart rate measurement isn’t working properly? We have summarized the various solutions below.
Heart rate measurement not working? you can do it
As with the vast majority of technical problems, it is useful to follow the simplest and most common solution methods one by one. You can try the following options if your heart rate measurement isn’t working on your smartwatch or fitness tracker:
- Restart your watch or fitness tracker first. This step alone can fix many problems. Galaxy watches cannot be restarted directly. Here you have to turn off the clock first, then turn it back on again. With the Apple Watch, there is also the option of a forced restart. To do this, press and hold the Digital Crown and the Side button at the same time for at least 10 seconds. The watch will force restart.
- It cleans the back of the watch where the heart rate sensor is located. The sensor may be so dirty that the measurement is not working properly. Excessive perspiration on the skin can also have this effect. It also ensures that the watch is properly seated on the arm at a distance of about a finger’s width from the wrist. The watch should fit snugly, but not too tight to fit your finger between the watch and your arm.
- Ensure that heart rate measurement is activated in the associated app. With Samsung watches, this is the Samsung Health app, with Apple Watch you can also activate scaling directly on the watch in Settings. Instead, try turning the option off and on again.
Using these solution steps, your problem should already be resolved. Now try taking a heart rate measurement or start an exercise to check if your heart rate is being measured as intended.
If all else fails: Reset the watch or fitness tracker
If none of the above solution steps bring anything about, the problem is likely to be deeper. In this case, you should reset the smartwatch or fitness tracker and pair it with your smartphone again. You can find out how to do this on the manufacturer’s website or in the operating instructions.
If this step also does not help, you can assume that the watch is broken. In this case, it is advisable to return the smartwatch or fitness tracker to the manufacturer or send it for repair under warranty. Contact the manufacturer or seller for this.
“advice: Best VPN Providers for More Security and Privacy
Don’t miss anything with network-the news
Every Friday: The most informative and entertaining summary from the world of technology!
“Problem solver. Proud twitter specialist. Travel aficionado. Introvert. Coffee trailblazer. Professional zombie ninja. Extreme gamer.”