NexTV Africa & Middle East

Complete News World

Miami Beach home must be demolished – storm threatens search

According to the local authorities, they want the remains of the house to be demolished as quickly as possible. This is for security reasons, as a storm could sweep through Miami as early as Monday.

Otherwise, we have no control over where the building could fall, says local fire chief Alan Kominsky.

On Saturday, two more cases were confirmed, and in addition to the 24 deaths, 124 people are still missing.

No one has yet been found alive in the landslides that followed the collapse of the house.

collapsed in seconds

The disaster occurred at midnight last Thursday in Surfside, North Miami, when about 55 of the home’s 136 apartments collapsed within seconds. Subsequently, it was found that the building was damaged and that a multi-million renovation project would soon begin.

The 156-apartment adjoining house was also evacuated and closed due to security risks, as engineers found problems with both concrete and electrical in that house.

JavaScript must be enabled to play the video

SVT does not support playback in your browser. So we recommend switching to another browser.

– I’ve lost everything. I have none, says Steve Rosenthal, who survived a landslide in Miami Beach last week. picture: SVT / TT
READ  Conviction of the journalist on hunger strike | GP